I’m often asked this question and it’s not as simple to answer as it might seem. The reasons I’m asked are valid; I don’t get paid well, two bedroom places in my area run $800-1000 per month, I don’t particularly enjoy what I do and … Continue reading Why Don’t You Just Get a Better Job?
If you’re not an unschooler or even a homeschooler in the know, you may be wondering what exactly is “unschooling?” I can only explain what it is for us, since unschooling varies as much by family as any other method of homeschooling. We certainly can’t … Continue reading What in the World is Unschooling?
Yesterday, we were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch. My son and I have gone every year for the past four years. There are lots of things to do, we have fun together, and we eat some awesome seasonal treats. It’s like a tradition. … Continue reading Un-pumpkin Patch
As parents, we worry about our choices; how they’ll affect our child, whether they’re what’s best, etc. There are unique fears that come with certain lifestyles though. Those of us who are single parents, those of us who live in poverty, those with mental illness, … Continue reading Sometimes There Is Fear
Weekend Meet and Greet. Link your blog and find new ones!
Ok so here are the rules:
- Leave a link to your page or post in the comments of this post.
- Reblog this post. It helps you, it helps me, it helps everyone! So don’t be selfish, hit the reblog button.
- Edit your reblog post and add tags (i.e. reblogging, reblog, meet n greet, link party, etc.), it helps, trust me on this one.
- Share this post on social media. Many of my non-blogger friends love that I put the Meet n Greet on Facebook and Twitter because they find new bloggers to follow. This helps also, trust me.
- And if you leave a link and don’t follow me, how about ya show ole Danny some love?
Now that all the rules have been clearly explained get out there and meet n greet your butts off!
View original post 3 more words
As someone that’s so new to the blog world, I’m pretty excited about the nomination for the Liebster Award. I’m very appreciative to Unschooling Momma and Poppy for bestowing this distinction, especially since I really admire their site. Thank you! So, here are the eleven questions they … Continue reading Single Mom Unschooling Has Received the Liebster Award!
The biggest obstacle to the unschooling process is in shedding old ways of thinking. Learning can take place any time or anywhere. We’ve all seen it happen. However, most of us have been trained to think that certain environments or activities are more “educational.” I … Continue reading Letting Go Of Schoolish Thinking